Отображаются все 3 результата
Omega-3 is a group of unsaturated fatty acids which are not reproduced in the body and at their lack people can have various biochemical and physiological disorders.
Without an adequate supply of omega-3 fatty acids in the body, it is impossible to achieve the desired results in sports, whether it's weight loss, muscle gain or increase in power rates. With a lack of essential fatty acids your achievements will always be lower than they could be.
Omega-3 have a wide range of positive effects, which are of key importance in bodybuilding. We list only the main ones:
- The increase in metabolic rate
- Accelerate the growth of lean muscle mass and decrease body fat. They can be used for weight loss, as well as for mass recruitment
- Increased sensitivity to insulin by slowing advancement of the food contents of the gastrointestinal tract. Thus, slowly digestible carbohydrates, without creating peaks of concentration
- Improved rheological properties of blood, due to lower viscosity, thereby reducing blood pressure, reducing the risk of cardio-vascular disease, blood clots, strokes and heart attacks
- It raises the overall tone, stamina and neuro-muscular function
- It is a precursor of prostaglandins - natural anti-inflammatory bioactive components of blood. Prostaglandins reduce pain and inflammation which are always accompanied by intense physical exercise. It reduces destruction of muscle after exercise, recovery time is shortened
- Improves brain function, elevates mood. The medulla consists of 60% from fat and especially it needs Omega-3 fatty acids in order to function correctly
- Healthy source of energy without creating a risk of increased fat mass
- Strengthens the production of hormones including the most important bodybuilding testosterone.
- Inhibits release of harmful cortisol.
Fish oil as a source of omega-3 fatty acids
Fish oil can also help to increase muscle.
There are many different opinions about how much fish oil should be taken daily. Some recommend lower doses - from 0.5 to 2 grams per day, while others recommend taking 1 g, each percentage fat. However, moderate and optimal reception is 1-2 g of fish oil with food 2 to 3 times a day.
Many sources of information indicate that fish oil should not be taken for a long time. Admission must pass courses. Approximately 3 courses per year for 1 month.
However, a simple calculation shows that if you eat 2-3 servings of fish a week, 100-140g, as the many sources advise, it gives about 11 g of fish oil per week, or 1.5 g per day. Therefore, if your diet is not oily saltwater fish in sufficient quantities, the reception 1-2g of fish oil per day should not be a no-brainer.
Daily Value of Omega-3:
- For health promotion and normalization of cholesterol levels is enough to take 1-1.5 grams of omega-3 per day
- During bodybuilding to increase muscle mass a required dose is 2-3 grams daily.
- By reducing the body weight, take 3-4 grams of omega-3
- For adults physiological need is 0.8-1.6 g / day of omega-3 fatty acids (ALA / EPA / DHA)
- The American Heart Association recommends 300 mg of EPA / DHA per day for healthy adults and about 1g for people with coronary heart disease
- A break in the reception is not required